Gene Therapy brings you the latest research into genetic and cell-based technologies to treat disease. It also publishes Progress and Prospects reviews and News and Commentary articles, which highlight the cutting edge of the field. The journal is published on a monthly basis by the Nature Publishing Group and is one of several journals from their collection that is devoted to Gene Therapy.
According to the Journal Citation Report from 2011, the journals impact factor is rated at 3.710.
Gene Therapy covers both the research and clinical applications of the new genetic therapy techniques currently being developed. Over the last decade, gene therapy protocols have entered clinical trials in increasing numbers and as they cover a wide spectrum of diseases, these studies promise to unite the diverse organ-based specialities into which modern medicine has become divided. Gene Therapy covers all aspects of gene therapy as applied to human disease, including:
- novel technological developments for gene transfer
- control and silencing basic science studies of mechanisms of gene transfer and control of expression
- preclinical animal model systems and validation studies
- clinical trial reports which have significant impact for the field
- gene-based vaccine development and applications
- cell-based therapies including all aspects of stem cells and genetically modified cellular approaches